Thursday, May 28, 2009

Welcome to 30 Days in June

Welcome.

My name is Joe Thomas, and I am a teacher. I started this blog (web log) so that my colleagues and anyone else concerned about public schools could find information about next year's state budget. Arizona faces a projected $3.3 billion budget deficit next year. The legislature and governor must somehow craft a budget where expenses meet revenue. They have until the end of June.

It will not be easy.

I cannot promise you will agree with or even like everything you read here. I will promise to try to stay on topic, present information clearly, and indicate if (more likely when) I go on a rant. Feel free to comment-- whether you agree, disagree, or cannot comprehend what conclusions I am attempting to draw. Comments help bring others into the conversation, and conversations are important.

To that end, I will attempt to bring other voices here as well: legislators, school employees, parents, and other community members concerned about public schools. They can provide their perspective on schools and the budget. We can all learn from each other.

Thank you for reading, for commenting, for thinking, about public schools. We too often take for granted that they will always be there and be taken care of.

Joe Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment