Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gould Wants the Whip

The Arizona Guardian has the email senator Gould (R- Lake Havasu City) sent to his fellow Republican senators after senator Gorman resigned her post as Majority Whip.

Dear Senate Republican Members,


Due to Senator Pamela Gorman’s recent resignation of the Republican Majority Whip, I would like to express my interest in running for this vacancy. I believe collectively we can put together a budget that will reflect the shared values of the citizens and tax payers of our great state of Arizona.

Thank you for your consideration as we elect a new Senate Majority Whip.
Ron Gould


Senator Gould is an interesting person. I hear he is a very polite person to speak to, and he is very consistent in his very Libertarian/John Birch leaning (minuscule government) in his political views.

Which is why his comment to a reporter while he was being investigated for violating Clean Elections rules back in 2005 seems so, well, not nice.

"If I were a baby-killing left-winger this would not be happening to me."

I looked far and wide for the source of that quote, but could only come up with a reference. I DO remember it, though.

I don't see his appointment to Majority Whip as a move toward a bipartisan budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment